Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's all about the Vainjamins baby!

 
 
It's all about the Vainjamins baby!
 
 
 
Today I made it to my 5am workout class on time. I woke up tired from going to sleep late editing last night's first official post. I was so excited that I kept checking to see if anyone was commenting on my post. I only received 1 comment today. The 1 comment made me feel like  I was on my way to be the next Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and The City. The difference is that while Carrie wrote about love for men, I write about the love for ice cream. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever saw an episode of SATC (Sex in The City) where Carrie had to workout at all. She would never eat, always smoke, drink and sleep around with pretty much anyone and managed to end up with the man of her dreams without lifting any weights or running any marathons. I too ended up with the man of my dreams but I ate, quit smoking, stopped drinking and stopped sleeping around the day that I got married (god I hope my in-laws aren't reading this, Hi mom!). I gave it up in hopes of keeping the man of my dream around for as long as we both shall live. It's great and all and don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY LIFE not all the time but most of the time. However, I do have moments that I think to myself,  does becoming a wife and a mother mean becoming flabby and fat? Does becoming a wife and a mother mean not having time to go to the gym? Does becoming a wife and a mother mean having to wear baggy shirts and flats all weekend long? Does becoming a wife and a mother mean wearing your hair in a bun because your gray hairs are out of control? Could this be why Carrie never had kids? Maybe she didn't want to get fat, maybe she did not want to see her breasts so down south they would need their own zip code, maybe she wanted to sleep in all morning and have the bed to herself, maybe she wanted to stay a size zero so she would never have to see the inside of a gym or own her very own pair of Nike's. Do I want her life? Hell No (maybe a little sometimes when I am PMSing)! Do I want her body? Hell Yes! I want her super powers of never eating, always drinking, always smoking and looking fabulous. After all ladies isn't this the reason that we are all in this together?  Yes we want to be healthy, yes we want to live long lives but lets all say it loud, "we are all a little vain". The V word is what gets us up in the morning to go workout, this is why we skipped out on the cookie today during lunch, this is why we won't eat carbs for a week to fit into something, this is why we starve ourselves when we have a special event coming up or we overeat because we think nothing will fit. This is why we photoshop every picture we post in Facebook. This is why we call anyone who post a picture that we think we look fat faster than the speed of light to have them turn it down. This is why when we have friends that are looking amazing, we cannot help but feel a little bad about ourselves. It's all about the Vainjamins baby!  The Vainjamins is the reason why I got up today at 4am and hit the gym. I want to be able to get dress for work and not change 10 times because nothing fits. I want to be able to wear fabulous clothes from Dior to Marshalls that makes me feel fabulous.  This is why I stuck to a better eating pattern today by eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with only 1 bad snack (I had more of Dougie's pretzel fishie crackers). This is why I annoy everyone under the sun by posting how much I run or how many calories I burn because in my mind social media is my UsWeekly. I pretend FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ etc.. are all my paparazzis wanting to know what is my secret to looking fabulous. The truth is, no one cares if I look fabulous or not but the voice in my head does and that is the one voice that I can't run away from. I am sure half my friends have me hidden in FB including my husband. But I don't care. Because that reality show that I have going in my own head is the reason that I stay so motivated. I am the writer of my life. Are you the writer in yours? If so, let tomorrow's episode start by you waking up early in the morning to hit the gym, park, beach, sidewalks, etc to get in a good workout. Let it be about you burning some extra calories and skipping out on cheating meals. Let it be about you cutting down on sugar and soda. Let it be about you wanting to look more fabulous then what you already do. Let it be about you finally listening to your inner voice telling you "YOU GOT THIS. I AM WOMEN HEAR ME ROAR", let it be about you being the Carrie in your own life. (except for the smoking, remove the smoking)
 
Tell yourself, I GOT THIS G!
 
Today I gave myself a grade of B.
 
Loves,
 
 
gFoReal
 
PS
 
1. A special thanks to my gym friend Shawn for being the first friend that wrote a comment on my blog. Please ladies share your story. Don't leave me alone on this journey. Lets inspire and motivate each other. You can comment right below.
2. Set your alarms for tomorrow and lets get moving!
3. I will post in Facebook , I am up and if you are up with me like the post and let me know.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you know I am on this quest with you. Don't worry half my friends probably hid me too due to my excesive gym check ins. LOL.
    I worked out as promised last night. I did not get up this morning to run like I should have (I had an early parent/teacher conference) but will make it up tonight. I really hate the fact that for us busy, working moms trying to look our best means less sleep. So after my son's baseball practice, after kids homework & projects are done & they are bathed & ready for bed, mommy will go outside & try her very best to beat daddy's time on suicide sprints. Nothing like a little healthy competition for extra motivation ; )
    I GOT THIS G!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day 2 was filled with should I go to the gym this morning or should I just lay here and count it as a rest day!! Because I know whats in store for me in Thursday morning class. In my mind I really wanted to go but, My Coach tells me to take it easy... So I stayed in the bed thinking how the heck am I going to get rid of my waist line just doing nothing Ugh!! Sometimes you have to make hard decisions, but it will help me out hopefully in the end. I ate my 6th meal for today and no cheating day 3 starts tomorrow. Thanks Gretchen keep up the great work

      Delete

I got this G!