Friday, September 13, 2013

imperfections make it perfect


 
 



Imperfections Make It Perfect


Today I did not work out and rested my knees instead. Today is also Friday and on the 13th. I remember when I was little and Friday the 13th movies would play on TV. I would love watching them with my uncles  Pablo and Jorge. I would eat all their candy and some ice cream too. I would get scared of the movie and chocolate would make me feel better. Then I grew up and Friday nights meant having slumber parties and ordering pizza. Later they became date nights to a movie or an Italian restaurant where I developed my love for Fettuccine Alfredo. Then they slowly became my favorite day of the week. Beside it being payday, it was a date night,  girls night, movie night, booty call night, drunk night, never making it home night, sleep over night or fat night.  Fat night were those nights I could not get anything in my closet to fit because I was bloated due to PMS. I HATE those days! I am convinced I have a different kind of PMS. What I experience is not normal and I should have a case study done. I have told my GYN over and over again but all he does is offer me Prozac. I tell him "I am not crazy or depressed, I am just on PMS!" Why do man automatically assume a woman is on "PMS" when she acts like a bitch?"  Why can't I just have the right to act like a bitch and eat chocolate for the simple pleasure of being a bitch and loving chocolate?! Why can't we just get annoyed with stupid shit without having to explain ourselves? Is it so hard to understand that sometimes chocolate is all we really need? Why are most women's problems solved with chocolate, bitching or Louie Vuitton? Why is it that we turn to everything but exercise to reduce bitchiness, PMS or stress?

Exercise is just like sex, you need good mental stimulation to get you  in the mood but once you are in it, you only stop when your body can't take it anymore. And just like sex, it can get boring doing the same thing over and over again so you try different locations. Sometimes it's nice to do it alone and other times its better in threes or groups. Sometimes having men around is fun but other times its just more comfortable with women. Sometimes you would  rather watch a video when you are not in the mood and other times you rather get a personal trainer boy or girl, your preference.

Is sex the only thing men and women have in common that makes them feel better? When a man's sports team loses and the game is ending does a box of chocolate make them feel better? No! You know what makes them feel better? SEX! When they lose a poker game do shoes make them feel better? No! But a blow-job does.  When they start getting wrinkles and going bald do they feel less attractive? NO! Because they still get laid. When they start getting fat do they sit around crying that nothing fits? Hell NO! They will just buy a bigger size and then get laid. I want to see how easy it is for a fat, wrinkled bald woman to get laid? Just like sex solves most things for men, it is the complete opposite for most women. Men need sex and women need chocolate. Yes women need sex too. However, ask any women that has a problem if they rather have sex or get the latest Loui Vuitton?
Why is that that for us women to feel better chocolate or shopping must be involved. I have never told a friend when she is crying, "Mama don't worry, a good spinach salad with Kale on the side would make you feel so much better". When a friend goes through a break-up I have never tell them "Don't worry honey continue eating all those carbs and he will come running back to you." I have never told a friend after giving birth, "OMG you look amazing! You need to stay with those 50 lbs. for good."
Us women, from a very young age, feed our anxiety with chocolate or shopping. When we get our periods our mothers take us shopping. When we fall in love for the first time, our boyfriend brings us chocolate. For our birthdays we go shopping. For desert, we order anything that comes in chocolate. We have been trained to solve our issues by shopping while men are trained to solve them with sex. We have developed some ridiculous bad habits people! I have been in a bad habit relationship with myself for 37 years! And the worst part is that I love my bad habit! I love chocolate! I love shopping! I love shopping for chocolate! It's impossible to stop eating chocolate or shopping but it's never to late to learn how much to eat and when to shop.
Today I did not work-out so I knew I could not even think of chocolate so instead I went shopping. The good new is I didn't eat at my favorite pretzel place. I had Mexican for lunch some chips, lite salsa and lettuce wraps. The lettuce wraps are the most delicious thing ever! Just lettuce chicken or carnitas and salsa. I ordered the large portion so I ate half for lunch and half for dinner. During Breakfast, I was on conference calls all morning so it was skipped. I ran out of my Smart Water for the week so water was not around for most of the day. I cheated on chocolate with jolly ranchers (a handful) to satisfy my cravings. I make sure not to pass 100 calories. I am not one of these people that will ever refuse sweets. I love sweets but feeling thin is even sweeter.


As for my Friday nights, they have changed. I now get up to go to the gym at the same time I would be returning home from a CRAZY night. I loved my days as a single girl in Miami with all my single girls. I am sure I would have enjoyed them more if I had a Miami body like my girlfriends did. It wasn't always easy being la gordita from the group. I always blamed myself for not taking better care of myself, exercise more, eating better, living a healthier life style and making better decisions. I always felt that by getting to the perfect size, I would meet the perfect guy and live a perfect life.

The thing is, there is no such thing like the perfect size, the perfect guy or the perfect life, only millions of imperfections that make it perfect.


Have a perfect Friday.

Loves,

gFoReal


PS
Today I give myself a grade of C+. I did not work-out and my eating  was very  low on carbs. I cheated a little with Mexican chips and controlled salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I got this G!